As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Early-to-Mid September 2010

COUNTER-OFFER?

In response to Saul Zaentz offering Paramount's Hobbit rights to Henson, Walden Media has offered to move distribution of the Chronicles of Narnia film franchise from Paramount to Henson after the release of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by Paramount later this year. The fans of Narnia and the fans of the Lord of the Rings franchise anxiously await a resolution to this sword-and-sorcery game of musical chairs.
- Entertainment Tonight

SONY ATLANTIS?
The Winnipeg Free Press reports that CanWest has been talking to Sony's Canadian branch for over a year on a possible sale of Alliance Atlantis to Sony in a bid for CanWest's survival. A possible sale of Alliance Atlantis to Sony would allow CanWest to use the potential cash infusion to focus solely on the Global television network.
- CBC News: The National

Alliance with Henson?
Brian Henson has met with CanWest executives on a possible sale of Alliance Atlantis to The Jim Henson Company.
- CNBC

Luxor Pictures hopes Game of Thrones, based on George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, is the key to their survival when it is released next spring.
- The Hollywood Reporter

RUMOR MILL: Stephen King says he is auctioning off the film rights to The Dark Tower. King said in a statement that he hopes the highest bidder will be faithful to his books.
- Variety

The Sports Page
The St. Louis Sorcerers crash the party with a hard-fought 20-17 win over the New York Giants in the first-ever regular season game at MetLife Stadium. The winning field goal came off the foot of Sorcerers kicker Josh Scobee.
-
I like the idea of paramount losing both narina and the hobbit and adapting some fnasty novel that was never addapted. Novel i suggest includes

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

The Kingkiller Chronicle

Elantris

Mistborn

The Stormlight Archive

The Well at the World's End

The Wood Beyond the World

The Sword of Truth

A Spell for Chameleon

The Water of the Wondrous Isles

The Sundering Flood

The King of Elfland's Daughter

The Face in the Frost

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn

The Worm Ouroboros

Lud-in-the-Mist

The Well of the Unicorn

The Story of the Glittering Plain

Elantris Mistborn The Stormlight Archive

In case you don't regonize any of thse books I provied hyper links in the list of title

Elantris Mistborn The Stormlight Archive are by the same authur Brain sanderson
The chroicsle of thomas and the sword of turh are probbly better off as tv series because part of huge series

A spell is the first entry in the huge xanth series but I belive that the xanth series is lossly enough that the first novel could be adpte with ending on a cillfhange making the viewers wanting more

The well at the world's end the story of the giltering plain The isle of wonderous waters the sundering flood and the wood beyond the world are 19th century public doimion title by willima morris. The works of moriss are obsure but they are considered to be the first modern fansty set in comptle fansy insead of fansitc land that part of earth cut off form the know world of the dream of people of the real world. JR tolkin said that the the works of moris were major inspiton for the lord of the rings. He borrowed the names Gandalf (although moris spelled it with an o instead of an a) form the well at the end of the

The king of elfland daught orignally went under the radar when first published in 1924 but it became huge hit with the critis when republished in 1969. I was was last republished in the fnasty master work which a series of reprint of infucstiocal fansty novel pubishe by orion publishing which is a subcidary of Hachette UK.

The Worm Ouroboros Lud-in-the-Mist The Well of the Unicorn were other old novels published in part of the fansty master works.

The face in the frost is a fansyt novela by jhon belliers. The face in the frost is belliers best know adult work but he is better for his childern novel. Note his first childern book the house with a clock in wall was oringally writen for audlts but belleirs publish told him to rewirte it for kids. There was a failed house with a clock in its wall movie a few years bakc. Pehrsp it should be replaced with a face in the forst movie

Last edited:
I like the idea of paramount losing both narina and the hobbit and adapting some fnasty novel that was never addapted. Novel i suggest includes

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

The Kingkiller Chronicle

Elantris

Mistborn

The Stormlight Archive

The Well at the World's End

The Wood Beyond the World

The Sword of Truth

A Spell for Chameleon

The Water of the Wondrous Isles

The Sundering Flood

The King of Elfland's Daughter

The Face in the Frost

Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn

The Worm Ouroboros

Lud-in-the-Mist

The Well of the Unicorn

The Story of the Glittering Plain

Elantris Mistborn The Stormlight Archive

In case you don't regonize any of thse books I provied hyper links in the list of title

Elantris Mistborn The Stormlight Archive are by the same authur Brain sanderson
The chroicsle of thomas and the sword of turh are probbly better off as tv series because part of huge series

A spell is the first entry in the huge xanth series but I belive that the xanth series is lossly enough that the first novel could be adpte with ending on a cillfhange making the viewers wanting more

The well at the world's end the story of the giltering plain The isle of wonderous waters the sundering flood and the wood beyond the world are 19th century public doimion title by willima morris. The works of moriss are obsure but they are considered to be the first modern fansty set in comptle fansy insead of fansitc land that part of earth cut off form the know world of the dream of people of the real world. JR tolkin said that the the works of moris were major inspiton for the lord of the rings. He borrowed the names Gandalf (although moris spelled it with an o instead of an a) form the well at the end of the

The king of elfland daught orignally went under the radar when first published in 1924 but it became huge hit with the critis when republished in 1969. I was was last republished in the fnasty master work which a series of reprint of infucstiocal fansty novel pubishe by orion publishing which is a subcidary of Hachette UK.

The Worm Ouroboros Lud-in-the-Mist The Well of the Unicorn were other old novels published in part of the fansty master works.

The face in the frost is a fansyt novela by jhon belliers. The face in the frost is belliers best know adult work but he is better for his childern novel. Note his first childern book the house with a clock in wall was oringally writen for audlts but belleirs publish told him to rewirte it for kids. There was a failed house with a clock in its wall movie a few years bakc. Pehrsp it should be replaced with a face in the forst movie

You know....those could both work. Henson gets Narnia while Saban gets Lord of the Rings.

Eoin Colfer (to his literary agent):
"Ask Paramount if they want Artemis Fowl if they lose The Hobbit..."
Artimes fowl seems more like a substitute for narnia becuse it a young adult novel dealing with a kid from our world interning with the fairy world. The novels I listed early are high fanasty like the hobbit. did you read the list which is your favorite. If they lose lose the hobbit I would go with something by William Morris’s be use his work is in the public domino and his the insertion for tolkin