Map Thread XXII

Hello again everyone! I made the raster map of the galaxy a few threads back. But I wasn't done, not even close; as there has been a severe lack of space maps at any scale, and I intend to rectify that.
Now, I've made a map for our local interstellar space, complete with every star and planetary system within 25 parsecs (80 lightyears) of our own solar system, including labels for most of the stars that people might care about.
View attachment 903903
A bonus: The map, but without all those cluttered labels for the stars!
View attachment 903904
Truly glorious!

Hello again everyone! I made the raster map of the galaxy a few threads back. But I wasn't done, not even close; as there has been a severe lack of space maps at any scale, and I intend to rectify that.
Now, I've made a map for our local interstellar space, complete with every star and planetary system within 25 parsecs (80 lightyears) of our own solar system, including labels for most of the stars that people might care about.

What are the clouds for lack of a better term?

View attachment 903903
View attachment 903904
The result of being starbrained

visually very impressive, good job

View attachment 903903
View attachment 903904
Awesome - useful for scifi

1954.png

My take on the world in 1954 before the St. Patrick Day Raid in @CalBear's Anglo-American Nazi War TL.

View attachment 904080
My take on the world in 1954 before the St. Patrick Day Raid in @CalBear's Anglo-American Nazi War TL.

Looks accurate but what is going in French Africa and Belgian Congo here? And not so sure if Indochina was united at any point. I think that showing Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia as separate nations is more accurate. And I think that Indonesia should own Western Irian instead Australia. And did Ethiopia really gain Eritrea ITTL?

I've made a map for our local interstellar space, complete with every* star and planetary system within 25 parsecs (80 lightyears) of our own solar system, including labels for most of the stars that people might care about.
Wow. This is awesome. The only thing I've seen that's this kind of quality only goes out to 10 parsecs.
Is there no way to tell if a star is above or below the plane of the map though?

Wow. This is awesome. The only thing I've seen that's this kind of quality only goes out to 10 parsecs.
Is there no way to tell if a star is above or below the plane of the map though?
My original sources didn't put any such information in their maps, unfortunately, so I had no idea how to tell the difference.
By the time I got to a point where I could determine the difference (involving making a literal spreadsheet to translate RA and Dec to galactic coordinates), I had already put enough stars on the map that I would essentially have to do the whole thing again. Best I could show was how much a star was closer or further away from the sun than it might appear on the map.

I believe that was during the outbreak of war with the Reich where the Americans moved into Vladivostok to capture Soviet ports from Reich use. The USSR serves as a Vichy-like state to the Reich so the Germans had access to Soviet ports, according to CalBear.
I thought the US had occupied the region before so the Germans couldn't be seen from Alaska.

Also: NEW and IMPROVED map of the Death of History. Now shows divisions within Terra, and is prettier.
Blue is the Anjou Terra, yellow is the Trastamara Terra, and all pink not Malaya is jointly ruled Terra.
deadworldAupdate.png

Now, I've made a map for our local interstellar space, complete with every* star and planetary system within 25 parsecs (80 lightyears) of our own solar system, including labels for most of the stars that people might care about.
View attachment 903903
View attachment 903904

*not actually every star system. The CNS5 lists over 5000 star systems within our 25-parsec bubble, and I don't think I mapped all of them - there are only over 3000 stars here. However, I'm pretty certain that all the missing stars are various red, brown and white dwarfs.

Interested by the decision to not include the Alpha Centauri system.

Expansion of the Neo-Kushite Empire: Author's Note

If some of you people are wondering, yes: I accept commissions atm… again!

It's been a long time since I announced myself like this, but after finishing the commission u/hoi4sam and improving the design here, I thought sharing this would give an easy impression of what I can do thus far.

So, if you want to commission an original map or a map where Germany won World War 2, I'm your dude. You can hit me in the DMs... or Discord if you cared about that.

Excellent piece of work, great visual style. The Ptolemies not lasting through to the rise of Roman hegemony in the Mediterranean is definitely an underexplored idea.

I thought the US had occupied the region before so the Germans couldn't be seen from Alaska.

Also: NEW and IMPROVED map of the Death of History. Now shows divisions within Terra, and is prettier.
Blue is the Anjou Terra, yellow is the Trastamara Terra, and all pink not Malaya is jointly ruled Terra.
View attachment 904169

Might just be my poor cell connection, but your embed isn't displaying.