The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

Reminds me of Changeling: The Lost. Humans having been abducted by the Gentry and then having been subjected to atrocious treatment before managing to escape, forever scarred and always on the run from their former masters, knowing that returning to their former lives is impossible.
Considering the nazis did steal children that looked "aryan enough" to raise as their own that hits hard

Reminds me of Changeling: The Lost. Humans having been abducted by the Gentry and then having been subjected to atrocious treatment before managing to escape, forever scarred and always on the run from their former masters, knowing that returning to their former lives is impossible.

Considering the nazis did steal children that looked "aryan enough" to raise as their own that hits hard

My take on this situation is Darkseid's brainwashed soldiers. Darkseid isn't merely interested in torturing others; he wishes to bend everything and everyone in the universe to his will. And so many beings who are unlucky enough to fall into Darkseid's sick grasp are twisted into being nothing more than playthings, servants, or warriors sent to find more innocent beings to torture and subjugate.

The Anti-Life Equation was Darkseid's eventual endgame: turning every sapient into fleshy automatons.

These Hitler Youth soldiers were effectively this: beings designed to do nothing but fight for the absolute ruler. Hence, they were willing not only to become cannon fodder but also to completely desecrate Europe to ensure the winners would still lose something. Because nothing in the minds of these kids existed except their unyielding obedience to a Fuhrer.

Okay as the person who brought up european folklore into this I'll say we should stop before this gets weirder, like Darkseid weird

AANW1952.JPG

Made a wikibox on the election of US Presidential election in 1952 in the AANW universe (note: not all of this is canon).

It might be that the Republicans are wanting to end the warm war so they could stop spending massive sums on the USN?
Surprised that an isolationist would ever run ITTL in the USA after 1939.

OTL American isolationism is already viewed as having been a mistake.

ITTL might be seen along the same lines as people who thought lobotomy was a good idea. It doesn't help that a LOT of American isolationists, like Lindbergh and Gerald Nye, were also deeply antisemitic. In 1919, the American people rejected the Paris Peace Conference and in 1959, Paris itself was wiped from the Earth.

Yes, Taft or any other isolationist is not very likely candidate. But IMO is not either candidate who is not yet even 40, has only few of political experience and had evidently some pro-nazi comments. And not forgot how pro-nazi his father was. Actually that was reason why I put Taft against Kennedy because I couldn't think any other Republican in 1950's who could had lost to such unlikely Democratic candidate.

If Himmler and Goebbels (Or maybe even Old Man Hitler) were somehow captured alive and rendered incapable of committing suicide, what would their fates be?

If Himmler and Goebbels (Or maybe even Old Man Hitler) were somehow captured alive and rendered incapable of committing suicide, what would their fates be?

What you would imaginate? Check OTL Nuremburg trials and you can get some hints. Options:

1. Death by hanging
2. Life sentence
3. Long prison sentence
4. Acquitted

I feel that number one is correct answer.

Parade, followed by death

What you would imaginate? Check OTL Nuremburg trials and you can get some hints. Options:

1. Death by hanging
2. Life sentence
3. Long prison sentence
4. Acquitted

I feel that number one is correct answer.

Himmler and Goebbels view the entire world as being as horrible as them. They took the coward’s way out because they expected the Allies to treat them the way they treated their countless victims.

Wouldn't the "Miracle of the House of Brandenburg" be viewed as a mistake by allowing the Prussians and the Prussia-unified Germans to grow stronger and become harmful despite being on the verge of destruction and non-existence respectively in this timeline?

To be honest, even in otl, whatever was successfully defended and owned by Prussia and Prussia-unified Germany due to the above miracle was lost by Prussia (Prussia-unified Germany to be more precise) to other countries only due to WW2 (East Prussia to the Soviet Union, Silesia and Pomeraina to Poland) or are still German (Prussian and post-Prussian) today.

Wouldn't the "Miracle of the House of Brandenburg" be viewed as a mistake by allowing the Prussians and the Prussia-unified Germans to grow stronger and become harmful despite being on the verge of destruction and non-existence respectively in this timeline?

To be honest, even in otl, whatever was successfully defended and owned by Prussia and Prussia-unified Germany due to the above miracle was lost by Prussia (Prussia-unified Germany to be more precise) to other countries only due to WW2 (East Prussia to the Soviet Union, Silesia and Pomeraina to Poland) or are still German (Prussian and post-Prussian) today.

In general, the whole history of Germany is going to be viewed incredibly negatively. Up until recently, historians depicted Prussia as proto-Nazi Germany.

The fact that Prussia had a less-than-perfect history of Jewish rights isn't going to help. Neither is Frederick the Great's documented antisemitism and partition and oppression of Poland.

In general, the whole history of Germany is going to be viewed incredibly negatively. Up until recently, historians depicted Prussia as proto-Nazi Germany.

The fact that Prussia had a less-than-perfect history of Jewish rights isn't going to help. Neither is Frederick the Great's documented antisemitism and partition and oppression of Poland.

Yeah. People have nto indeed any good saying from Germany. Just wondering how people are seeing German/Austrian classical composers like Beethoven, Bach or Mozart.

And another thing what I have wondered would people change names on things where is some German name like would German shepherd (dog breed) or hamburger (food) change their names.

Yeah. People have nto indeed any good saying from Germany. Just wondering how people are seeing German/Austrian classical composers like Beethoven, Bach or Mozart.

And another thing what I have wondered would people change names on things where is some German name like would German shepherd (dog breed) or hamburger (food) change their names.

I don't know if it would go that far.

It is important to remember that TTL Nazism was an incredible enemy of culture. It didn't just suppress the arts but burned them to ash: the beautiful cultural heritage of so, so many countries were eviscerated because of the easily fragile egos of the Nazis, who couldn't at all stomach defeat. I think that while Germany itself will not have a good reputation, German arts might be held up even more, if only because TTL protection of cultural heritage is going to be taken more seriously. People will still enjoy Beethoven and reading Immanuel Kant for their philosophy classes, and they will still enjoy hamburgers.

I think people will look harder at OTL Germany's history and see many red flags pointing to a society that was uniquely imperialistic and chauvinistic.

1. As stated above, Prussia had an expansionist and nationalist attitude toward the rest of Europe. Frederick the Great seemingly loved to bully Austria just because a woman was in charge.

2. Prussia/Imperial Germany was not especially friendly to its non-German subjects. The French of Alsace-Lorraine, Poles, and Jews were not always treated very nicely. And this isn't getting to the outright genocides committed in its African colonies.

3. Kaiser Wilhelm's behavior could itself be a red flag: he was a belligerent nutcase who alienated the rest of Europe to the point of putting Germany in a war on two fronts, was casually antisemitic, at times praised Hitler for "avenging" German pride, had sexist beliefs on the role of women, and didn't care much for democracy. It's not hard to picture him as a proto-Hitler.

4. Austria's history of antisemitism, from Maria's antipathy toward Jews to Karl Lueger's venomous rhetoric to the point of angering the pro-Jewish Franz Josef. The most disturbing thing about Lueger is that his antisemitism may have been a cynical political calculation: he denounced Jews because that kind of rhetoric was popular among Austrians.

5. Bismarck's opportunistic wars to build his coveted united Germany.

6. Even before Hitler appeared on the national scene, the German army itself was happy to perpetuate the stab-in-the-back myth to discredit democracy and the Jewish Germans out of a sheer inability to accept responsibility for their own bad decisions in WW1.

While yes, these things are not necessarily unique to Germans, ITTL historians will cite them as examples of a country that, for all its good sides, was very much a menace to Europe.